Is Competition Necessary in the Learning Process?

because someone dared me to write my horrible English exam essay on this blog.
I don't get active much and I haven't been here on ages
but still love ya'll though <3
I just got the results for my promotional exams and I don't even get one A grade, R.I.P my future.
also I dropped from 80 to a 67.5 in English kms //ugly sobbing
itS NOt mY FauLT
KPOP--- //cough
 keep on reading if you want to read my low-standard essay x'D thank you if you do <3 :)

 whoop go ahead and knock yourself out [literally]


In the past few decades, students have been more engrossed in competing with each other to reach the top of the chain and see who is better than the other. While majority of the people would believe it is beneficial for the students, others view it as a form of barrier in the learning process. I sit with the majority.

Competition can be viewed as the one extra force that pushes the student to work harder. Notably, students try to level up with the students that are ranked higher than them, and end up progressing a long way, sometimes getting an unusually higher achievement than before. Moreover, students get to compare results and get a better view on where they are lacking in and what they need to improve to achieve their further goals.

As each coin has two sides, competition can be a huge disadvantage. To enumerate, a student might be too obsessed with beating another student that they may forget about the rules and regulations to resort to cheating. In addition, competition between students can often lead to hatred or jealousy and weaken the friendship and bonds formed between classmates. Also, it does not give the student the chance to individually grow.

Generally speaking, even though competition can be a constricting barrier in the learning process, I believe that it can be a huge motivational support and let children have a better understanding of the areas they need to work on more.

-

IDEK HOW I GOT 14/19 FOR THIS DUMB THING BUT
not that its a good grade tho ;-;
how are all your schools or life? hope you're doing well, reader! *^*

No comments:

Post a Comment